Oxygen and Acidity
If we accept that Dr Simoncini is correct with his correlation between cancer and the Candida fungus then the following look at the role of oxygen in the body helps to strengthen his argument;
Oxygen is a life giving element. Thus things that sustain us are ‘aerobic’ – oxygen loving – while everything that works against us; hostile microbes, viruses, bacteria and diseased growths are ‘ anaerobic’, which means that they hate oxygen and cannot survive in its presence.
An interesting observation is that gym work-outs, aerobic classes and competitive sport despite keeping the body fit, actually deplete oxygen levels and put the body into an oxygen debt situation which takes some time to replenish. The ultimate way to increase the body’s oxygen levels is through gentle exercise, such as walking, gentle jogging, swimming, even though some oxygen is used, these activities generate an oxygen surplus state.
The following link offers a look at free radical damage and oxidative stress caused by workouts and how a plant based diet can reverse the stress caused. Dr Michael Greger observes several papers published on the effects of exercise on our DNA and how, without the protective effect of plants, we may be doing more damage than good.
When a body becomes dehydrated we see a picture of anaerobic cell conditions (poor oxygen) and acidity. As a body becomes more toxic, so the bodily processes slow and result in less oxygen being transported around the body. Fungi can thrive in such conditions where normal cells cannot function normally.
It has been suggested that cancer (or Fungi) cells are actually normal cells that have had to de-evolve into a lower functioning organism in order to survive the stress factors imposed by the poor oxygen and acidic environment. If the environment were healthy then the cells would be healthy too. Here we see that the body has not caught some disease, more that the cells have undergone a de-evolutionary transformation into cancer cells as a survival strategy.
According to Nobel prize winner 1931, Dr. Otto Warburg,
“Cancerous tissues are acidic, whereas healthy tissues are alkaline. Water splits into H+ and OH- ions, if there is an access of H+, it is acidic; if there is an excess of OH- ions, then it is alkaline.”
In his work The Metabolism of Tumors he demonstrated that all forms of cancer are characterized by two basic conditions: Acidosis and Hypoxia (lack of oxygen). Lack of oxygen and acidosis are two sides of the same coin: where you have one, you have the other.
“All normal cells have an absolute requirement for oxygen, but cancer cells can live without oxygen – a rule without exception.” – Dr. Otto Warburg
“Deprive a cell 35% of its oxygen for 48 hours and it may become cancerous.” “Cancer, above all other diseases, has countless secondary causes. But, even for cancer, there is only one prime cause. Summarized in a few words, the prime cause of cancer is the replacement of the respiration of oxygen in normal body cells by a fermentation of sugar.” — Dr. Otto H. Warburg in Lecture 
Cancer patients have been found to have an acidic blood PH level.
If we imagine a rubbed balloon that cannot stick to the wall in wet weather, this represents oxygen that cannot fix onto a blood cell if the blood becomes too acidic.
Deep breathing and oxygenating the system will only help so far. The limited capacity for holding oxygen that these acidic cells have, means that any oxygen that is picked up is quickly absorbed by oxygen starved cells around it. The oxygen fails to penetrate the deeper parts of the body where it is required the most.
An acidic PH also means that carbon dioxide is not efficiently eliminated from the body and instead builds up in tissues resulting in cell death.
In his weekly digest blog Doctor Michael Greger identified which had the most impact on cancer; exercise or diet. Both helped, but a vegan diet showed more promise after just two weeks. Read the interesting article here:
The following points for treating cancer have been identified in the Johns Hopkins Hospital newsletter; of course this advice can be adopted for any yeast related condition;
- “Sugar is a cancer-feeder. By cutting off sugar it cuts off one important food supply to the cancer cells.
- Milk causes the body to produce mucus, especially in the gastro-intestinal tract. Cancer feeds on mucus. By cutting off milk and substituting with unsweetened soy milk cancer cells are being starved.”
- “Cancer cells thrive in an acid environment. A meat-based diet is acidic and it is best to eat fish, and a little chicken rather than beef or pork. Meat also contains livestock antibiotics, growth hormones and parasites, which are all harmful, especially to people with cancer.”
- “A diet made of 80% fresh vegetables and juice, whole grains, seeds, nuts and a little fruits help put the body into an alkaline environment. About 20% can be from cooked food including beans. Fresh vegetable juices provide live enzymes that are easily absorbed and reach down to cellular levels within 15 minutes to nourish and enhance growth of healthy cells. To obtain live enzymes for building healthy cells try and drink fresh vegetable juice (most vegetables including bean sprouts) and eat some raw vegetables 2 or 3 times a day. Enzymes are destroyed at temperatures of 104 degrees F (40 degrees C).”
- Avoid coffee, tea, and chocolate, which have high caffeine. Green tea is a better alternative and has cancer-fighting properties. Water – best to drink purified water, or filtered, to avoid known toxins and heavy metals in tap water. Distilled water is acidic. Avoid it.”
- ‘Meat protein is difficult to digest and requires a lot of digestive enzymes. Undigested meat remaining in the intestines become putrefied and leads to more toxic build up.”
- Cancer cell walls have a tough protein covering. By refraining from or eating less meat it frees more enzymes to attack the protein walls of cancer cells and allows the body’s killer cells to destroy the cancer cells.
- “Some supplements build up the immune system (IP6 , Flor-ssence , Essiac , anti-oxidants , vitamins , minerals , EFAs, etc.) to enable the body’s own killer cells to destroy cancer cells. Other supplements like vitamin E are known to cause apoptosis, or programmed cell death, the body’s normal method of disposing of damaged, unwanted, or unneeded cells.”
- “Cancer is a disease of the mind, body, and spirit. A proactive and positive spirit will help the cancer warrior be a survivor. Anger, un-forgiveness and bitterness put the body into a stressful and acidic environment.
- “Cancer cells cannot thrive in an oxygenated environment. Exercising daily, and deep breathing help to get more oxygen down to the cellular level. Oxygen therapy is another means employed to destroy cancer cells.”