Hello to all of you,
- The Green Smoothie is a way of getting green leafy veg into you (spinach, kale, rocket, watercress, mint, chard – that kind of thing)
- It does not have to be green. Once you have blitzed your green veg, you can add any colour fruit to make it tasty and to get you to drink it. For example berries will turn it a reddish brown, but the smoothie does still contain greens.
- Update – I have just seen a u-tube clip where Victoria Boutenko suggests that we make use of just three ingredients in our smoothies: green leafy plants, fruit and water (nothing fancy, no need for seed oils, avocado, chocolate, soaked nuts), she says keep it simple and enjoy the other things separately.
- Fifty Shades of Green – because it is important to rotate your green leaves, to get maximum nutritional benefit and to prevent a build up of unique plant toxins.
- Blending rather than juicing as it retains the fibre which helps to preserve antioxidants and also contains some antioxidants, yet helps to break down the greens (which due to our narrowed jaws, we are less able to chew down correctly anymore). We are also more likely to maintain our habit of smoothie making than juicing. Juicers are harder to clean and take longer to make on the whole. There is some controversy over this and please do research more yourself. I stand by the anecdotal evidence and personal experience. I say give it a go and see what a difference it makes.
- Best drunk first thing in the morning and away from other food by about 40 mins. But if this is impossible, just drink it and see how you get on.
- Look out for detox symptoms; headaches, lethargy, mucous; slow down if they get too strong.
- Support your liver by reducing your fat, oils, meats and dairy. You can also do castor oil packing to your liver and coffee enemas.
- Feel the benefits of those mineral packed leaves, the added fibre and that all important chlorophyll; you may experience increased energy, have a clearer head, better vision, warts may start to disappear, bowel movements may become more frequent, need less sleep and awake refreshed.
- Appreciate the benefits of these smoothies on your colon, remembering the amount of impacted fecal matter we probably have accumulated over the years and the distortion this is creating in our colon.
- See the green smoothie routine as a springboard to more healthy eating practices; more raw food, 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds per day, using small amounts of good fats and oils. Also include good sources of iodine in your diet – seaweeds in the form of kelp, nori and dulse make great food sources of this vitally important mineral.
- Consider a green smoothie routine to support any other treatment for degenerative diseases that you or your family my be suffering from. With Cancer you may consider juicing, for the sheer hit of available nutrients, with little effort required by the body.
- Get into the habit of chewing all of your food really well. Taking the time to eat really well can be one of the best things that you can do for your health.
- Take note of any other areas of your life that may be affected through this cleansing: relationships, the state of your home, your faith (or lack of it).
Live, Laugh, Love, Bloom – A Chinese Proverb