My apologies for the technical difficulties and half term issues that have contributed to a late posting. I have also noticed some previous posts lacking obvious details, such as the ingredients and method. Ha Ha. I shall rectify this as soon as I can. Sorry again.
Recipe: Marzipan and Date Bars
- 50g butter, softened
- 75g sugar
- 1 egg
- 200g pack date paste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 75g cup plain wholewheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 150g oats
- 175g marzipan
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C
- Blitz together the butter and sugar in a food processor, then add the egg and the dates.
- Then add vanilla extract, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and oats. Blitz again.
- roll out the marzipan to fit a square baking tray or dish, about 20cm by 20cm
Press half the date mixture into the baking dish.
Layer the marzipan on top
press the other half of the date mixture on top of the marzipan to sandwich it in.
Bake uncovered for 30 mins
Leave to cool for 10 minutes before cutting into squares.
My gracious son suggested that they tasted of almond croissants. They were not exactly wolfed down though and the poor boy has been left to finish the rest, hard and old, days later.